- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- May 29, 2016
Is there a day you couldn’t eat mango? Is there a day you couldn’t eat coconut? Of course we know the answer to this is no, there is no day we couldn’t eat these. So lets make ice cream. Yes coconut mango ice cream. You are not prepared for this outstanding recipe from Joanne Risto. So gather the ingredients and get out your ice cream maker and spread the love.
TIP Make sure you have a lot of ice and enough salt, I used 3 small boxes salt and 3 bags of ice cubes.
I also found that it took 25 to 30 minutes and this ice cream was ready.
Each machine is different.
- 1. Place the 3 cups water in pot and boil.
- 2. Mix mango custard in a slurry mix and add to boiling water stirring swiftly and constantly ensuring no lumps(FOLLOW CUSTARD BOX Directions)
- 3. Cook over low heat .approx 5 minutes or so.
- 4. Add your milks one at a time to the custard in the pot.,stirring in between and then taste for your level of sweetness.
- 5. Cover and cool a bit. Then strain it all when you are satisfied with the sweetness,add to your ice cream pail and start your ice cream maker.